Tuesday, August 17, 2010

{Funny Ad's} Fishing retailer making pitch to man-babies

Fishing retailer making pitch to man-babies

By David Gianatasio on Wed Aug 11 2010

Okuma-1

I dislike babies because they're needy, wrinkled, self-fouling complainers who shriek and cry all the time. I dislike old people for the same reasons. Which means I doubly dislike this Okuma "Born to fish" campaign from Barnes, Catmur & Friends in Auckland, New Zealand, which disturbingly combines tykes and coots with unwelcome nautical flair. Actually, the baby in the cap with the mustache looks middle-aged. He reminds me of my uncles, whom I also dislike (see the reasons above). Most of all, I dislike fishing, and these ads are clearly connected to that, though from the ads it's tough to say exactly how. (The tagline simply reads: "Okuma. Kiwi for fishing.") Maybe the client sells the babies as bait. Hey, anything goes in New Zealand! See one more ad after the jump.

Okuma-2

Okuma-3

Posted via email from franchise's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment