Friday, April 12, 2013

LIFE: Jordan Brand Classic Opening Night x Hosted By Spike Lee x BAM (4.10.13)

Thanks to Kiran Prasher and the Jordan Brand Classic Family for inviting me out for an interesting evening. I didn’t know what to expect. I was told that the high school basketball stars playing in Saturday’s big JBC13 Game at Barclays would be in attendance and that Spike Lee would be also. Needless to say, I was stoked…stoked on Spike and not so much the underage boys, come on people!

Although I knew who would be in attendance, I had no idea what to really expect – or better yet, what to wear!!! I figured, I could always wear something that none of the fellas have – my very own Violette Jordan 2′s.

I greased up my legs real good because ya’ll know I stay ashy. Some people #BEENASHY.

I took a cab to Brooklyn…


As I walked in, I was approached by a very tall young man who immediately and politely introduced himself. “Hi, my name is Rondae Hollis-Jefferson and I’m from Philly. I’ll be studying Criminology at Arizona”. He was very sweet and very funny, I should have taken his picture – but, I found one online instead.

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson

Elle met up with me since I was in her hood. There was a photo booth setup and we took some awkward “Glamour Shots”.

There was also lots of food, candy and ice cream which basically meant – nothing that I could eat (*cries vegan, raw tears).

Datwon Thomas, 13th Witness and Hawaii Mike

I met Spike Lee! It was the second time I’ve met him actually. The first time I met him was at a party during my very first weekend living in New York City (another reason why I love this city). Anyways, of course he didn’t remember me and I didn’t bore him by bringing up the details. He was cool even though I hate meeting idols. It’s just never ever how you picture it. You always concoct some grand fantasy of how awesome it will be and you don’t factor in that (famous or not) people are people, and they have good moments and bad.

Afterwards, Spike and Sway had a live Q&A where Sway asked Spike questions and they screened clips from his greatest works! It was a great night!

++++++++++

Posted via email from A Good Look Media Group

No comments:

Post a Comment